Friday, February 15, 2013

Worth all the work

I'm sorry I do not always have the mental energy to  be witty in these evening blog posts after working at the house. I give it my best shot. Today I took the day off and was at the house from 8:15 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. I met the lock smith first thing. Now, Jeff and I know we are the only ones with keys to the house. We met with contractors for the bathroom, and I took a quick lunch and doctor check up break. We also had the furnace guy in to clean the furnace. Ok, on to fun stuff!

Jeff spent the morning cleaning the basement (pictures to follow in a later post) and puttying all of the nail holes throughout the house.


After lots of taping and drop-clothing We got the first coat of yellow on the walls of the living room. Cutting in around all of the trim, windows, and built-in took forever! But the rolling went on quickly! No more navy blue!

Before
After
Love it!!! I can't get over the difference. Here it is again, because who doesn't like a good before and after?
Before

After-ish!
 I was feeling ambitious. so while Jeff fed the cats and gave them some love, so I painted the side entry/basement stairwell to clean it up a bit.






















It is a very pale ice blue color. Once it dries it will look a tiny bit bluer.

Tomorrow is the second coat of paint on the living room and covering the puttied nail holes in the dining room. Then those two rooms will be done for now. Jeff is going to tackle painting the utility section of the basement's floor. Now for some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment