Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Funday

Yesterday, Jeff and I tested out the breakfast nook! It works like a charm!


There is a bagel and coffee in that mess!

Today I finished priming the powder room and I got two coats of paint on the walls. To finish it I need to paint the trim, doors, and vanity (which she has hand painted with flowers as well).


It's hard to see the color, but it is a limey-yellow. It makes the room feel so much bigger!!!! I love how paint can change a room so much (like in the living room!)

Before

In progress
In between the drying of my coats of primer and paint in the bathroom, I got started on the kitchen. I first tackled the dark green on the lower part of the wall at the breakfast nook. You can see in the top picture of breakfast yesterday the part under the window is green. I primed it and painted it with the first coat gray.

Before with the dark green
Now with the gray cutting in done
I cut in around all of the cabinets, trim, etc in 2/3 of the kitchen. Next I need to move the appliances and paint behind them. I was quite proud of my work, so Jeff took this picture:


More to follow once I have more of the gray done.

 Jeff wrote today, but even he got a a couple hours of work in and finished painting the basement walls. 

Before
In progress, next up, the floor.
It looks and feels so much cleaner! Tomorrow we will be taking a night off for something but we will be back at it on Tuesday! Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment