Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hard Days Night

Jeff and I have been at the house every night since we took possession. We have tested pain colors and scrubbed and spackled and removed all kinds of bric-à-brac. We pulled down the curtains in the kitchen that were STAPLED to the window trim. I also popped all of the clothes pins the sellers had GLUED to the wall (the paint behind the clothes pins was dark green so you can see the strips of paint missing from the clothes pin removal).

No more curtains or clothes pins

Then I prepped the navy wall for priming
Your days are numbered Navy Blue Wall

I also tested a second yellow in the living room, red for the study, and gray for the kitchen.
Living Room (We chose the one on the right)

 Kitchen Gray

 Red for the Study


We got the trash out of the coat area, so now we can put our coats there while we are working!

Before and After

Doesn't it look so much nicer now! That's all for now. There will be more updates to come!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck painting! I swear by my 2.5" angled Purdy brush. It's so lovely for cutting in around trim and baseboards. I hope that gallon we gave you comes in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am going to love watching this evolve. It's going to be beautiful, after a lot of sweat equity, as they call it on TOH.Best luck!

    ReplyDelete