Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Jeff and I purchased our new tile for the bathroom. Excited doesn't even begin to describe it!


Of course, before we can have a clean, new bathroom, we need to do something about all of the ugly pink tile. Enter me and my hammer:


Here are a few before pictures taken at 10 am this morning:


 Give a girl a hammer, crow bar, and an hour and this is what you get:



And another hour cleared the mirror wall of tile and the half wall behind the shower as well.


I was left with pretty beat up hands--need to invest in work gloves--hence the title of this entry. I cheered myself up by testing out how the floor tile will look in the bathroom.


 But that was only the morning; I needed to keep myself occupied for the afternoon so I painted the kitchen cabinet doors and drawers.



No more bird houses! Yay! Yesterday, I painted the 2nd coat of white on the kitchen cabinets and grey on the walls. Here are a little before and in progress pictures.





You can see the grey color a bit better in this picture




Obviously, the wall behind the appliances, isn't done. I can't move them on my own!
Once the kitchen cabinet doors had their first coat of paint, I needed a project to do while the doors dried before their next coat of paint. Looking around I found the gallon of beige paint Dani and Shane had gifted us when they moved. It was paint and primer in one. Hmmmmm, we were planning on painting our bed room beige any way.... After a consultation with Jeff, I decided to tackle the master bedroom. Here are the usual before and in progress. **NOTE: The trim will be white when complete, not blue**








It will look much better once the blue trim is white. Please use your imagination for now. Jeff and I sure did when we bought this house!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much better the cabinets look in white! I was fawning over the pictures yesterday. You're really powering through all the painting, and I'm glad the can of paint helped out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoy all the pictures! I can't wait to get the doors back in place. The white really shows how nice the cabinets really are. I can't thank you enough for the paint. Not only did the paint + primer cover the blue, it looks like it will only need the one coat! Anything to save time when there is so much painting to do!

    ReplyDelete