Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Fall of the Blue Wall

Tonight I primed the blue wall! It was wonderful to see it begin to disappear behind the white of the primer. So satisfying!

Bye-bye navy blue!
Unfortunately, the edger I bought to paint around the trim didn't work, but luckily, I had the foresight to tape the trim just in case!

Jeff did a great job sweeping and mopping all of the hard wood floors throughout the house. Other excitement, Jeff found the dining room green paint in a storage area in the basement. Yay Jeff! So I was able to cover up the beige square in the dining room.

No More Beige Square!
Hopefully, once it dries you will never know it's there. More pictures to follow! I think the room already seems bigger and cleaner. I can't wait to see what it looks like after all the walls are painted.

Before

In Progress!
I can't wait until Friday to see what it looks like with the yellow on the wall. I painted a sample on the wall to make sure it didn't need another coat of primer (Thanks for the suggestion Mom!). We are taking tomorrow off, unless Jeff lets me tape the rest of the trim in the living room while we are having our romantic Valentines Day picnicking on the floor of our empty first house! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment