As much as I like to think you are all on this blog for my witty commentary, I know you are really here for the pictures! This post is for those of you who like pictures. We will begin with Jeff's basement transformation. He now has half of the basement and the stairs fully painted. On to the next half of the basement this weekend!
 |
| Clean Blue Stairs |
Before and Afters!
 |
| Before (with previous owners stuff) |
 |
| After! |
With the dirt and junk removed and the walls and floor painted, the utility side of the basement is now a clean usable space! Go Jeff!
 |
| Basement when the previous owners lived there |
 |
| Before (unfortunately, I could not find a picture with their stuff at the same angle) |
 |
| After - a place where you can do your laundry and have your clean clothes stay clean! |
It is nice to be able to add the utility part of the basement to our completed list with the living room and dining room! Just a reminder how awesome the living room looks now:
The powder room has occupied my week, and it is finally close to finished. We just need to install the towel ring, but it looks pretty good!
 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
 |
| Before - Mauve flowers and pinky beige trim |
 |
| After - crisp white trim and a cool, pale apple green color |
Check out my new cabinet knobs and handles above! Yay!
 |
| Before |
 |
| After - you can really see the change in the walls in this shot! |
 |
| Before - ugh! |
 |
| After! Clean and bright |
Before the light up mirror on the wall stuck out into the space and the shelf on the counter took up the rest! Now, it is a bight and light space that I will feel good about our friends and family seeing when they come to the house.
Last but not least, the current project: kitchen. The grey/white combo is finally beginning to come together. It's in the little details for me. Like the piece of trim by the laundry chute door that was yellow, now is white.
Or the dark green under the window in the breakfast nook diappearing!
Those things stand out to me, but I know the overall change taking place is amazing too! These little things just help make the end goal seem like it will a reality. Here are some of the big picture photos:
 |
| Before with their possessions in it |
 |
| Before on the day Jeff and I took possession |
 |
| Progress 1 |
 |
| Progress 2 - brighter already! |
I think the grey and the white will contrast more once the second coats are on. It already feels so much fresher. The cabinets feel cleaner, and I would actually put dishes in them :o). Here are some different angles of the kitchen to give you a better idea:
 |
| Before |
 |
| Progress |
 |
| Before (Note the ugly bathroom in the background) |
 |
| Progress (Note the beautiful bathroom in the background! Also you can see the grey a bit better in this picture) |
I hope that helped those of you out there get your picture fix (especially the mothers :-p haha!). I can't wait to bring you more progress and after photos!
What is that tiny cabinet thing in the wall by the nook in the kitchen?
ReplyDeleteA laundry chute! :-D
ReplyDelete