SOLD!
Jeff and I stopped by the bank this morning to get the biggest check either of us had ever held. The line was out the door. Who does their banking at 9:43am on a Friday? Everyone, I guess. We then raced, in a slow snow safe pace (so not so much racing as crawling), to the house for the final walk through. The seller's movers were loading the truck as we did our walk through, so there was a lot of activity. The movers raced to try to get everything loaded before the weather got worse! (The forecast calls for 8-12 inches of snow, or more) Things looked fine, though Jeff and I are both itching to get cleaning and painting--or at least, I am!
We signed more paper than we can tell you; we even signed a paper that said we were the people signing all the papers.Our lawyer and realtor, Joe and Mike, were great and guided us newbies through the whole process. Joe explained everything to us clueless-first-time-home-buyers and Mike help to nail down the roof warranty we had listed in our contract. The sellers have official possession until Sunday at noon, but we still have a key!
First House Key!


No comments:
Post a Comment