Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's the Final Countdown

That right, the countdown to the House Warming Party is 2 days. The projects will not all be done (I mean, will they ever truly be done? Isn't that part of home ownership?), but hopefully our guests will understand the place is a work in progress!

I think we will have all of our original house warming party To Do List done except for the guest room trim. People will have to imagine it white. We also got a few extra things done that were not on the original list, but developed along the way.

The side entryway project kind of took on a mind of it's own. But it is almost done and looks great!!!



 Fresh paint, trim on the beat up tile stairs, and a new threshold to cap off the landing and it is now a clean fresh space!



 Here is a close up on my threshold project. Luckily the space was a standard 36," so I did not need to trim the 1 3/4" threshold I bought. I sealed it with the same polyurethane product I used on the stair caps. Next I used some roofing nails to hammer down the plastic flooring the tile had been installed on that was curling along the edge of the stair.


 Then I had to clean out the grout smeared randomly in the area making the place of installation bumpy and uneven and cut off the edges of the rubber tile spacers that were sticking out from the grouted tile seems. Next step was to caulk the space between the trim piece and the tile. I bought the caulk in the tile section of the store. The kind I bought was designed to match the grout. This is the final result.


 I was very happy with how well it blended. The above pictures of the entryway give you an idea of how it fit in.

Still on the list for the side entry is to paint the edge of the sub-floor under the new threshold blue so it blends with the staircase. I used the left over caulk from the powder room (half bath) sink project, which is paintable, to seal up and straighten out the uneven edge. Here is the before caulk pictures:

This is what you see coming up the stairs

Close up
Here is the surface all caulked up and drying so I can paint it!


 Once it is painted, hopefully it will all blend together!

The next two days will be spent with finishing touches and cleaning, so there will not be much to share. I hope to start posting some before and afters of the house with our furniture in place and pictures hung.
***Shout out to my amazing Mom for helping to hang almost every picture in the house. It was an overwhelming task, and she handled it with ease!***

No comments:

Post a Comment