Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Crafty Craziness

You can tell the big jobs are starting to be fewer because Jeff and I have had more time for crafty projects. Like the purple flower clock from my college dorm room in our kitchen, used because we needed a clock and had that one so it was free.


Now yellow to match our grey and yellow kitchen!

We have a few other yellow projects in the works for the kitchen. Luckily, the weather on Sunday cooperated for spray painting. Here is a sneak peak!



My other crafty project was rehabbing an old table and chairs. The table was a typical light wood top with white legs kitchen table that had passed from Jeff's parent's sun room to Jeff's apartment to the old "man cave" at the old apartment. It looks something like this:

We had leftover blue paint from the basement floor project, so the table legs became blue:


And the wood top got sanded down and sealed against water (See it leaning up in the back of the picture after having it's white underparts painted) with sealant I had for the side entry stair trim.


 We also had a set of 4 chairs from a Walmart table and chairs set I purchased for my first apartment. The table is in our laundry area for folding and placing baskets, so the chairs were tabless and purposeless.

 
We had planned to put them on the curb, but used them on our porch as a temporary fix. This inspired me to save the chairs and make them a little bit more outdoor appropriate. Off to Home Depot for a can of blue spray paint.

 I didn't want to break the budget on fabric, especially on this "shop at home" project, so I got a little creative. While at the Christmas Tree shop to pick up some things for another project, I grabbed 2 rectangular vinyl table clothes (the kind with the fabric/felt backing). A few snips with the pinking shears and I had fabric to recover my chair bottoms. The corners aren't as neat as a covering job with real fabric, but overall, we are very happy with the result.


Looks black in this light, but is really navy blue!
The everything we used on the project we had except for the two cans of blue spray paint ($3.99 each) and the two table clothes ($2.99 each). For $13.96 we got a "new" porch furniture for our front porch!


No comments:

Post a Comment