Saturday, April 6, 2013

I feel like I fell down a hill

Back to Saturday works days. I spent the afternoon putting in part of the basement floor...which means I spent almost 4 hours on my hands and knees on a cement floor.. which means I now ache head to toe...climbing stairs hurts, standing hurts, sitting hurts. I don't normally complain, but ow!

Anyways, let take a look at the "finished" side of the basement. It started as a mess:


Then Jeff worked very hard to paint the walls:


Then I got the first part of the floor done. It was tricky because the back basement wall is rough and uneven. I had to whittle the ends to match the bumps of the wall that means the whole process took longer than it should have. So far, the results look pretty good. Here is a little preview:


A little proof I got down and dirty!



Hopefully, the rest of it will go a bit more smoothly, and my aches and pains will be remedied by an early bed time and some ibprofen!

Jeff did his fair share of work today. He got two coats of paint on the kitchen ceiling. It loos great and makes a much bigger difference than we thought it would. I don't know if the difference will show in a photo, but take it from me, it feels so clean and bright. We didn't even realize how dingy the ceiling made the kitchen feel. Now it's a fresh white:


I finished the paint on the kitchen and powder room patches. I will try to get some pictures of the final product up in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment