Monday, April 15, 2013

I think I have a problem...(Or Walking on the Ceiling)

A DIY addiction. I started painting the kitchen doorway to the side entry trim, and I couldn't stop. I had extra paint in the tray, so I went to the other side of the door, and then along the stairs...suddenly, I had painted all of the trim in the side entry way white. Now the beige ceiling was no bueno. So, I needed my wonderful (and tall) husband to paint the ceiling white. And I need to get a second coat of paint on the white. A small project turned into a much bigger one, oops. But, it looks so good!


 You can see a sneak peak of the trim/threshold project I started down by our cat in the after picture. The white is much cleaner and brighter. It was another one of those, we didn't realize how dingy the beige ceiling made the stairway feel until we painted it white. Here is another picture of the wonderful white ceiling


I also want to note again, Jeff's wonderful blue stairs! The dirty look on the older stairs would not come up. There had one been no-skid treds or some sort of carpet adhered to the basement stairs. When those were pulled up, nothing was done to seal the sticky residue remaining, so dirty and such stuck to the treads and became a permanent addition to the stairs. No amount of scrubbing would get rid of it.

We also got the last of the curtains hung in the study and on the writing porch. Here is the way before, before and after shot of the porch:


Way Before!
 
 
 And here is the study way before, before, and after:




We have also finished furnishing the dining room. We bought some new chairs to go with my Granny's table and a buffet for the wall with the leaded glass windows.

Before with the infamous beige square!
 
This next before and after set is one of my favs because you can see the changes in the living room (no more blue wall!) as well as the dining room.

Before: Rabbit and navy blue wall in background
After: New buffet, new side chairs, yellow living room, etc
 Here are close ups of the new pieces:



More to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment