Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Job Well Done

I have gotten a few requests for close-ups of the new basement floor, so here is a shot of the new look:


It has a raised texture so it seems more like a stone than vinyl. We used Traffic Master Allure 12in x 36in Vinyl Plank Flooring in Sedona color, an interlocking floating floor system. It went together pretty easily, but our rough basement walls made things much more complicated. I had to deal with a slightly unsquare room and uneven edges on two ends. I had to "sculpt" some of the pieces to fit close to the wall.

Sculpted edge
It would have gone much more quickly if all of the cuts could have been straight. I watched some Youtube videos about installation of this type of flooring and that gave me some tips. It took Saturday and Sunday afternoon, but was sooooo worth it!

Thanks again to my Dad for the great new sink top and faucet. I finally finished the project by caulking around the new vanity top. Here are the shots:

 

 The little knobs helped to spruce up the old vanity, don't you think?

We got our first flower blooming in the yard this morning too! A lone Daffodil, but I'm sure he will have friends in no time! Come on Spring!



As always there is more work to be done and more pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment