![]() |
| Yucky wallpaper and rusted brass switch plate |
![]() |
| Ugly vanity trim and more beat up wallpaper |
![]() |
| Straight on view of the vanity an dated fixture. |
1. Wall paper removal ($10 for solution and $5 for scorer)
2. Special post wallpaper primer ($25)
3. Gallon of Behr Ultra (paint plus primer) Mountain Falls ($36)
4. New switch plate ($4)
5. New toilet seat ($25)
6. Towel holder ($10)
Already had regular primer, scrapers, and white trim paint.
![]() |
| sneak peek at the new flooring |
Here are the side by sides
We have a box of Sticky tiles ($27) to put down on the floor. Dad is going to help me trim out the floor and the sink on his next visit. I also think I am going to paint the vanity white to freshen it up a bit. I will post some pictures once I get the floor down. That will be a really exciting time!
The coolest thing is that for $115 (probably $160 with the new floor, baseboard, and trim), the cost of a new toilet, we have added thousands of dollars of value to the house. This eye sore that probably made up some buyers minds before they made it to the second floor, heck the pictures on the realty website probably convinced them not to come, was made into a usable space with a small budget and some elbow grease.
I can't wait to see the new floor down and I a totally onboard with painting all of the trim the white trim makes the rooms so much whiter and brighter! More pictures of progresss soon!










No comments:
Post a Comment