Sunday, December 1, 2013

Long over due

Hello dear readers. I know this post is long over due and for that I apologize. I have several projects in the works, and while waiting for time to get the after pictures onto the computer, time got away from me. But I am back with renewed energy and posts in the works. I have to admit though, this post is jumping the line because the project wasn't planned to be this involved, but the results are awesome!

If you remember the side entryway to our house looked like this way back in 2012 when we first saw it:


The walls were beige, the trim was beige, and the ceiling was beige, all the same beige. It was kind of like a cave. A dirty cave. A change was needed and so I grabs some ice blue paint and cleaned up the space:


Then we spent a day freshening up the ceiling and trim with white paint.


It was a relief to have the space changed and freshly painted. You may notice in the top photo of the coat hooks, there were 3 different styles of hook, and though you can't tell, they were all hung at different heights. Ugh!

When I went to replace the hooks with matching hooks, I realized the old hooks were leaving deep indents where multiple paint jobs had raised the space around them. Suddenly a quick hook replacement became a spackle, prime, paint, drill new holes job. (I didn't take pictures, because the job so unexpectedly got big)

I hung the new hooks, but the new look didn't seem complete. The room seemed unfinished. Now that we have lived here for almost 9 months, we weren't thrilled with the color. When we picked it, any color was an improvement, but living in the house, we realized the doorway area gets dirty easily and the light colored walls seem to make it worse.

Jeff and I had talked about a new paint color, so I decided to surprise him and paint the hall while he was at work Saturday. We still had some of the beige paint from our bedroom and the front entryway left over. So, the entryway was back to beige, a much better beige. The previous beige was more like a dirty white. This beige is warmer. Here are the results:


 Ludwig paint jobs after and before


Now vs. Original

Lower stairs


The warm tones of the beige really make the space. We hope you love it as much as we do! More exciting things to come!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the change to the beige. I think the warmer tones make the space feel more cozy and homey, especially in a foyer/basement region. Whenever I see blue near a door, I inevitably think "cold." I love the stages of transformation you've had since moving in!

    ReplyDelete