Sunday, December 8, 2013

De Ja Vu (warning picture heavy!)

I painted the kitchen. I know what you are thinking: Katie, didn't you paint the kitchen in February when you bought the house? The answer it yes, yes, I did. After living with the kitchen color for months, especially as the days grow shorter and there was less natural light, I became unhappy with the color. It was too pale a gray and just blended into the white trim and the white cabinets. It never really had the look I wanted. We had been happy to have it not branchy and birdy. Here is the before and the February after:









As you can see there isn't much contrast between the white and the gray, though that contrast is easier to see during the day. I got it in my head that repainting the kitchen was the way to go. Jeff and I spent the week looking at color swatches and picking a new color. We ended up picking Gull Wing Gray by Benjamin Moore. Saturday, I got to work. I took an hour to get things off the walls and tape off the breakfast nook. Here is a shot after the cutting in had happened.


I was able to get it all done and pulled back together for Jeff. Here are the February befores and current afters:





But lets take our befores back further to when we bought the house. Here are the real befores and afters.











Phew! That was a lot of pictures! We love the darker gray in the kitchen. It matches the color saturation of the other downstairs rooms now. It also goes well with the new paint in the side entry way. As always, there are more projects to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment