Looking a the wooden breakfast nook, the dining room door, and the half bath door in the original wood finish, the idea came to me--strip the laundry chute door down to the wood. Let the stripping begin!
The chemicals you use for stripping are pretty noxious, so the door came off it's hinges and out to the front porch.
There were several layers of paint: our white, yellow, cream, beige, and white again. The bottom white was not latex paint, so I was glad I decided not to attack it with the sander. It took awhile, but I finally got it down to the wood. Then I was able to sand it down so it would no longer stick.
I stained it and put on two coats of polyurethane.
Here is the final result with the before shots for comparison:
Here is the full room shot
No comments:
Post a Comment