Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Door Jam

Ok, so it's really a threshold. And it's been bothering me (a familiar line, I know :-p ). Our side entryway looks so good compare to the before:




It looks so nice with our new stair trim and the new threshold at the top of Jeff's beautifully painted stairs! But, there was still one eyesore in our little side entry way.


It was pretty gross. You could see the plactic/rubber underlay beneath the tile. Ewww! I started by cutting off the curling end of the rubber stuff. Then, clean like crazy! There was a build up of gravel, dirty, leaves and other debris in the gap. I swept and vacuumed out the gap as best I could.


Luckily, I had some leftover caulk from the threshold at the top of the stairs. Away I caulked.


Much better. If only the exterior threshold wasn't desperately in need of paint. That's on the project list, never fear. Easy solution: close the door to get the big picture!


There's always more, so keep checking back :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment