Sunday, August 11, 2013

You Spin Me Right Round

A few years ago, Jeff's Uncle Walter gave us a table he had gotten at a tag sale years prior. There was no place to put it in our old apartment, but we knew someday we would have just the right spot. Now that we have our house, the perfect place opened up right next to the couch. The only problem was the table needed a little TLC. Walter knew I had done some refinishing work, so he knew I could tackle the project.

I learned how to refinish furniture from my mom and I have worked on several projects with her through the years (A bed frame, dresser, and coffee table). When I went to visit my parents camp in the Adirondacks, I brought the table along. They have better space for refinishing, and my mom has a variety of stains. Here is the table before:


Here is the after:


My mom was a huge help because all of the details like the spun legs and carvings were a bear to strip the original finish off. I could not have done it without her!

Here is a better comparison of the top before and after!


I love refinishing! My next refinishing project is a "cellerette" (cabinet/bar with a slide open top to allow for expanded drink making surface). We also have more yard work going on out side, so more to follow!

1 comment: