Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Backyard: The Saga Continues

While our backyard has seen some improvement, removing the rotten garden bed, planting grass, a few new plants, etc., there is still a lot of work to be done. This weekend I tackled the horrible over grown section of the yard along the fence. The rose of sharon was buried under bindweed vine, grape vines, and a tree weed kind of thing. The grape vines had been planted without anything to grow on, so they just grew up anything they could, in this case, the rose of sharon. I attacked with my small and large clippers and a saw and the results are drastic.

Here are the before pictures:


After removing what I could, this was the pile of branches. Not shown here is the garbage can of other vines and branches I also filled.


And here in the after shot:





Here are a few comparison shots:



Yes, that composter was there before just buried.



It's not pretty yet, but it is an improvement. This fall we will dig out the roots of the raspberry canes, grape vines, and weed tree, and then we will decide on what to plant in their place.

No comments:

Post a Comment