As Jeff and I stood in our little first house for the last time, we toasted our hard work. We had put a lot of our time and energy into house and it all payed off. We were able to make back our investment, but more importantly I feel like we restored our beauty to some of her former glory. The first thing one of the movers said when they can in was "another beautiful city home." I will miss the beautiful hardwood trim, the leaded glass windows, the hardwood floors, and the charm of our little breakfast nook.
One of my fondest memories will be the first few weeks we owned the house when we were working on it with every free moment of the evenings and weekends. We would eat bagels we picked up on the way over in the nook and talk about our work plans. Then we always closed our evening having a beer in lawn chairs in the living room in front of the fireplace. We felt so amazed that we could call those walls ours.
Jeff and I visited each room and talked about the work we had done and realized we had touched every room in someway. Here are some final before and after shots for you to enjoy. Stay tooned for news on our next house adventure!
The bathroom is the most obvious change:
The living room:
The kitchen:
The half bath was a big transformation too!
The master bedroom
The Guestroom/Nursery
Office/Guestroom
Writing Porch












No comments:
Post a Comment