And he is adorable! (If I do say so myself!)
Jeff graduated with his PhD.
Then Jeff got a new Job! Then Jeff fractured his arm, and my good intentions of getting projects done were lost to a busy work schedule and a lack of a two armed Dad to watch the baby while I DIY'ed. So when in doubt (or need) hire a pro!
We got several estimates, and when I called to accept one of the bids, there had been a cancellation. So rather than waiting 3-5 weeks to get the work done, We had the workman here in 2 days! There were several projects her worked on. Two projects are not very exciting, more utilitarian, but the other two had pretty exciting results.
The first big project was the porch ceiling. Before the previous owners replaced the roof, there was some water damage to the ceiling. We had always intended to fix it and when we were going to get a few projects, we decided to add this to the list. Here are the before shots:
![]() |
| It was much worse looking in person |
And the after:

I will have to get some better angles, but we love the new look!
The other big project we had done was taking care of theinsulation in the attic. Some of the insulation in the attic and the paper backing was coming apart. Like this:
And here are some side by sides of the new insulation. (Not our stuff in the photos):












No comments:
Post a Comment