Tuesday, May 21, 2013

An Entry Obsession

About 3 weeks ago, I realized the ceiling of our small tiled entry way was painted the same beige color as the walls. This had been an issue in the side entry way (see post here), and I had Jeff paint the ceiling a bright white which cleaned up the space and made it brighter. I began to obsess on the fact that the beige ceiling made our entry feel dark. I also notice the tile floor of the entry way looked like it had seen better days.

Right now, our entry is missing some tiles. I hope to match what we have, by going to a local salvage store and digging through their tile, but I have yet to get there. For now, a good scrubbing seemed in order. I would not normally choose to use an abrasive cleaner on old tiles, but these babies had years of dirt ground into them, so I opted to use scrubbing bubbles pule bleach to try to get some of the white back. Here are the results:



I can see the difference, can you?

The picture feature is giving me trouble again, so I will cut this post short. More to follow on my obsession with the front entry hall.

**UPDATE**

So things are working again. Here is the beige ceiling:


And here is a picture of the ceiling after. Unfortunately, the sun ha changed position so the lighting is different, but hopefully, you can see the difference.


And here is the difference in the wall.


It's hard to tell from the photos, I should have taken one part way through so you could see the colors side by side. The previous beige was more olive toned, the new beige is the warmer color we used in our bedroom. I am now only obsessed with how much better the ceiling looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment